As technology evolves, there is more and more to learn about electric vehicles. How to charge them, how they work and how good they are for the environment are some of the most frequently asked questions we receive. There are also some lesser-known facts about EVs that we’ve discovered that we thought we’d like to share with you.
Here are 5 facts you need to know about Electric Vehicles:
1. The majority of electric vehicle owners, especially in the U.S., charge their cars overnight at home when electricity costs are lower. However, with more than 5,000 public charging stations across the country, charging your EV while away from home is even easier.
2. It is not correct to say that EVs are not capable of long drives. According to the Transport Authority (LTA), most electric cars on the market today can support 342 kilometers. Additionally, hybrid EVs, which are powered by both an internal combustion engine and electric motor, can go further than the distance mentioned.
3. An EV is a highly efficient mode of transportation. In fact, up to 80% of the energy in the battery is transferred directly to power the car, compared with only 14-26% of the energy from traditional gasoline-powered vehicles.
4. There are many EV charging stations available to make EVs a practical choice for consumers. The number of public charging points outnumbers petrol stations. The Department of Energy reported more than 42,000 charging stations in the U.S. in 2019, providing nearly 103,000 connections.
5. You can drive your dream EV anytime, even without buying it. A car subscription is a monthly plan that grants you access to a range of vehicles for a flat fee. Compared to the traditional way, car subscription services have much more flexibility. You have more choices about the make and model of your electric vehicle and you can often swap it out for a different one if you grow tired of it.
T4L, Transportation 4 Life, is one of the few vehicle subscription companies in the USA today offering a world-class car subscription service. As a member, you can experience all the benefits and perks other car enthusiasts do not have access to.
The company provides an EV with all the details handled and managed perfectly, including insurance, taxes and registration, vehicle swap, maintenance, vehicle refresh, and software updates. It also includes charging and roadside service support, plus concierge priority service.
Your Membership Subscription with T4L also includes home charging equipment and installation. However, the cost of electricity at home is the responsibility of the T4L Member.
T4L provides a method that delivers value and best-in-class services to garner significant customer loyalty, relationship, and growth by offering "Enjoyable & Easy Transportation Access."
For more information, visit https://www.t4l.me/